Principles for Self Pay Patients
GSH will adhere to the following principles in implementing this policy:
- Fear of a hospital bill should never prevent a patient from seeking emergency
health care services and inability to pay should never be a reason to
deny medically necessary care.
- The Hospital will provide financial assistance to patients who cannot pay
for part or all of the care they receive.
- The Hospital will not financially penalize patients who have no health
insurance by requiring them to pay more for care than a typical insurer
or government program would pay.
- However, the financial assistance the Hospital provides is not a substitute
for personal responsibility. All patients are expected to contribute to
the cost of their care, based upon their individual ability to pay.
- All patients will be treated with dignity, compassion and respect.
- Our debt collection practices will be consistent with these principles.
Back to Charity Care homepage