Heart & Vascular Center
Top quality diagnosis and treatment. Leading-edge research. Patient-centered care. These are the features that have made The Heart & Vascular Center at Good Samaritan Hospital among the busiest in the country.
Good Samaritan Hospital physicians have pioneered cardiac care practices now adopted worldwide, and continue to push the bounds of heart and vascular care. Heart Program researchers have advised the NIH (National Institutes of Health) and are currently involved in more than 30 clinical trials assessing the latest therapies.
The skilled surgeons at the Heart & Vascular Center perform many heart and vascular procedures with minimally invasive techniques that reduce pain and results in faster recovery.
Referring physicians know that their patients will benefit from the following services at the Heart Program:
- Sophisticated Diagnostic Services including cardiac computed tomography, angiography, echocardiography, EKG and treadmill testing;
- Interventional Procedures, including angioplasty atherectomy, periocarditomy and stenting, all performed in four fully equipped digital cardiac catheterization labs;
- A Dedicated Electrophysiology Labs providing defibrillators, radio frequency ablation and tilt studies;
- Cardiac Surgery, performed in dedicated cardiac operating rooms and using minimally invasive and transfusion-free surgery techniques;
- An Acute Myocardial Intervention (AMI) Transport program that safely brings critically ill heart patients from other community hospitals to Good Samaritan Hospital;
- Leading Heart Research Program evaluating the latest and most effective medications, devices and techniques for heart and vascular patients – before these therapies become available to the public.
For more information about the Heart & Vascular Center at Good Samaritan Hospital, please call (213) 977-2517.
For a physician referral, call 1-800-GS-CARES.