Maternity Tour - Page 3
Visitors in Labor and Delivery
- Visitors are welcome at the discretion of the laboring mother and nurse.
- Visitors are also welcome to wait in the visitors waiting room located on the 7th floor.
- Waiting areas are also located on the 8th South and 8th North floor.
Visitors Waiting Room
- Operating rooms are located in the labor and delivery unit.
- A person of mom's choice may accompany the expectant mother during the C-section
- Recovery takes approximately up to 2 hours
- Uncomplicated post-partum stay is 3-4 days
- Located on 7 South and 8 South
- All rooms are private with private bathrooms
- A cot can be provided for a partner to spend the night.
- While siblings are permitted to visit during the day, for safety reasons, overnight stay for siblings is not permitted
Perinatal/Labor and Delivery/Post-Partum
Visitors are welcome from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. with special consideration made for patients laboring through the night.
Siblings are encouraged to have brief visits with new moms.
All children under the age of 14 must have health screening at the Security Desk located on the main lobby of the hospital.
Children must be supervised and accompanied at all times by an adult.
Children may not be left unattended in the waiting room.
Children can not stay overnight in the mother's room.
It is recommended that no more than two vistiors be in the patient's room at one time.
Larer groups are encouraged to roate visitation time inside the patient room.
The patient's nurse will monitor the new mom's condition and assist her in management of visitors.
During labor a significant other or coach is allowed to paricipate in the delivery.
Photography and Videotaping
- The use of cameras and video cameras are at the discretion of the physician
- Equipment should operate on batteries
- Tripods are not allowed due for safety reasons
- Hospital staff must provide consent prior to being on camera