Maternity Tour - Page 4
- Once you have recovered from delivery you and your baby will be transferred to a post-partum room
- To promote bonding between the mother and infant, your baby will “room in” with you during your post-partum stay
- To ensure your baby’s safety, identification bands must remain on your baby during your hospital stay
- ID bands will be removed by your nurse at the time of discharge
- Always verify that your nurse is wearing a pink Good Samaritan photo ID badge
- Only doctors and nurses that have a pink badge are allowed to move your baby out of your room
Neonatal-Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Our NICU is equipped to care for babies with special needs.
- Specially trained neonatal health care team on staff 24 hours a day to care for your baby.
- Parents are welcome to visit the NICU except during the hours of 7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- The exact discharge date for the mother will be determined by your delivering physician.
- Moms and babies will be discharged through the main lobby.
- Under California law, your baby must always travel in a federally approved car seat. Please install the car seat in your vehicle before being discharged from the hospital.
- Know and understand how to correctly install the car seat as well as how to appropriately secure your baby in its car seat.
- For more information on car seat safety, please visit: http://www.carseat.org
- During your hospital stay you willl be provided with toiletries, feminine hygiene products and diapers.
- Bring comfortable clothes for yourself, two for and your baby, and a blanket for discharge. Keep valuable objects such as money and jewelry at home
- The childbirth services department at Good Samaritan Hospital offers several classes to aid you in your transition to parenthood:
- First experience/childbirth preparation
- Baby care
- These classes are free of charge to patients delivering at Good Samaritan Hospital and are offered on designated weekends in English, Spanish, and Korean.
- Hospital tours are offered throughout the month
- To register for prenatal classes and tours call (213) 977-2547 or visit us at www.goodsam.org
This concludes the tour!