Good Samaritan Hospital welcomes volunteers. They enable the hospital to provide a higher level of service and contribute to the comfort of our patients and visitors.Our volunteers play a very important role. They assist patients, visitors and staff in a variety of ways and have the opportunity to learn new skills. As a volunteer, you may wish to:
- Escort and discharge patients
- Deliver lab specimens
- Assist with clerical duties
- Perform data entry and word processing
- Brush up on computer skills
- Assemble patient charts
- Visit and read to patients
- Assist with special events.
Other duties are available. We ask for a minimum commitment of six months, and at least 12 hours a week. Let us find a place for you here at Good Samaritan Hospital, where your time and talents will be appreciated and valued.
For further details, or to volunteer, please call the Director of Volunteers at (213) 977-2091.