Strategies in The Management of Heart Patients
At Good Samaritan Hospital, we place an importance in providing a multidisciplinary
team to manage the patient’s health care.
- Percutaneous intervention and/or medical therapy can usually stabilize
even critically ill patients (intra-aortic balloon pump, left main stenting,
percutaneous closure of ruptured VSD’s)
- Avoid over anticoagulation
- Early initiation of erythropoietin and then delay surgical intervention
for 3-4 weeks if possible with close out-patient monitoring
- Bioprosthetic vs Mechanical Valve Replacement
- Hybrid Percutaneous Surgery to correct structural heart disease in patients
with aortic stenosis and mitral regurgitation.