Temporary Hospital Visiting Hours
Last updated: 4/28/2020
EVERYONE WILL BE SCREENED (NOT TESTED) FOR COVID-19 AND REQUIRED TO WEAR
SIIMPLE MASK UPON ENTERING THE HOSPITAL. MASK WILL BE DISCARDED UPON EXIT.
General Hospital Visiting
- General visiting hours are currently restricted due to the need for social
distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19
One visitor per day per patient
- 10 am to 12 noon and 6 pm to 8 pm
- Visitor must remain in patient room throughout the visit
- No visitors allowed for COVID-19 isolation patients (those pending test
results and those testing positive) in any areas of the hospital, unless
patient has special circumstances
Cardiac Critical Care Unit 3rd floor:
- One visitor per day per patient between 10 am to 12 noon and 6 pm to 8
pm unless patient is critical and/or end of life
Labor and Delivery
- One support person may be present during the delivery and post-partum.
Support person may also stay for the entire duration of the patient stay
with minimum ins/outs of the department
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Parents with ID band will be allowed one visitor at a time
Emergency Department (ED)
- No visitors allowed unless patient is critical and or end of life.
Procedure and Surgical Visitors
- One visitor per day per patient
- Upon arrival, visitor will be instructed regarding location for waiting
while procedure or surgery is occurring. Visitor is required to remain
in designated waiting area during procedure or surgery unless visitor
is leaving the facility.
End of life
- Exceptions will be granted on all units for a designated support person
to visit patients who are approaching end of life. All support persons
must stay in the room and be asymptomatic for COVID-19 and not be a suspected
or recently confirmed case. Support persons will be screened prior to
entering the clinical areas. Support persons must comply with any health
facility instructions on personal protective equipment. Additionally,
nursing will encourage patients and families to have frequent video and
phone call visits.
- All visitors must stay in the room and be asymptomatic for COVID-19 and
not be a suspect or recently confirmed case. Visitors must comply with
health facility instructions on personal protective equipment and perform
frequent hand washing.